Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How are you doing?

Thank you to all who have written me regarding my most recent post, it is very encouraging to know how many still think of my family often and pray for us. I feel compelled to speak to those who have contacted me concerned for my mental and emotional health.

How are you doing?

I’ve learned that there are two answers to that question sometimes. The truth and what people expect to hear. Most people we come in touch with are looking for “I’m fine” and bug out a bit if you give anything but that answer.

Don’t worry! Pray! I am fine, not hopeless, not going off the deep end. I know God is control.

HOWEVER

I am sad, heartbroken and struggling with what now Lord? How now Lord? Just being honest with how I FEEL. How I feel and the actions I take are very opposite things right now. I don’t feel like getting out of the bed, interacting with others, shaving, showering, washing clothes, making my bed, paying the bills, you name it. If it involves anything other than staying in my little hole emotionally I’m not interested.

My ACTIONS however come from what I know to be good and right regardless of how I feel. So do not worry, I’m okay but I could use your prayers though and if my honest post encouraged that then it was worth all the worried looks and emails I’m getting.

I’d like to share a song in the link below that somewhat describes the season of grief and struggle that I am in right now and how I’m attempting to lead my heart to sing anyway …


No comments: