Sunday, June 21, 2009

Abundantly Blessed!!!!

Even more abundantly blessed this father's day than just one year ago!

My favorite quote on large familes comes from a man that lived over 350 years ago …

I remember a great man coming into my house at Waltham; and, seeing all my children standing in the order of their age and size, he said, "These are what make rich men poor." But I gave him this answer, "No, my lord, these are what make a poor man rich; for there is not one of these we would part with for all your wealth." Joseph Hall 1574-1656

I feel immeasurably blessed to have 8 children call me dad today! I am truly rich!!

When I hear the song in the video below I am reminded of how fast my children are growing up and the short window of time that I have to influence them and in doing so impact in some way all the generations that follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day!

Hope your day is blessed!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Love you!

♥ Leslie

Unknown said...

PS - I have this saying (Joseph Hall) framed and in the entry way of our home....SO TRUE!!!

♥ Leslie

Anonymous said...

Your mom has it, too, Leslie. Wonderful saying!! If only the rest of the world felt this way. So happy for you and Melissa, Darren. You guys might need to borrow the church van, though ;). Praying for you.

Sarah Gibson